Thursday, May 1, 2008

Co-Dependent No More

Namaste,

Recently I've been working through some residual feelings that I have from a major relationship I have been in and out of over the last three years. The experiences I have had with the other person at one time produced much pain in my life because at that time I desperately wanted and believed that I needed this person to love me and to see my "value".

My statement "working through some residual feelings" means that as my awareness of who I truly am grows I am consciously working toward making peace with the fact that someone I love chooses not to reciprocate that love back to me.

So as I was pondering what to offer you in my next blog I realized that one of the greatest gifts I could share with you is a powerful truth that has taken me almost 20 years to Realize.....

YOU ARE A COMPLETE WHOLE, DIVINE AND UNIQUE BEING (SPIRITUAL AND HUMAN) AND YOU DO NOT NEED THE APPROVAL OF OTHER BEINGS IN ORDER TO BE THAT WHICH YOU ALREADY ARE!!!

My apologies for shouting but I want to make sure you "hear" what I have to say although I know that it is not until you are at the point in your experience where you choose to embrace this Truth that you will fully understand it and experience the freedom that comes with it's knowing.

In our lifetime many of us have experiences that hide this truth from us and we spend much of our lifetime trying to recapture it. But so often we do this to our own detriment as we seek to validate our WONDERFULNESS through others and things.

We act in certain ways so that someone will give us love, we work hard to buy things to show the world that we are important, we rearrange our outside appearance so that people will tell us how nice we look....etc, etc, etc.

When we do these things and those we are seeking validation from choose NOT to give it to us (and remember every person is free to choose their own actions) we then translate that into "I'm not enough".

But I am here to remind you that YOU ARE ENOUGH. Not because of who loves you, what you possess or how you look.

You are enough because YOU ARE A UNIQUE EXPRESSION OF GOD (which I will refer to as Spirit). And it is because of this TRUTH that your are enough because SPIRIT IS ALWAYS ENOUGH!!! (there I go with that shouting again)

The Bible says that God said "Let us make man in our own likeness" that means that all of the wonderful characteristics that comprise Spirit are in you!!! Without question....

Just because somewhere along our lifetime we have become blind to this aspect of our being does not mean it is not so. It is one of the great paradoxes of our lives...we must forget what we are so that we can awake to what we are....

Although it is sometimes a journey laden with disappointments and pain let us remember that we can choose to ask for a greater awareness and we will be given everything we need along the way to come into the knowing of what we are.

And when we come into this knowing we will be set free from our "co-dependencies" of others and things and we will live our lives honoring our greatness even if it means no one else "gets it".

Your Partner on the Path,
Sukie

No comments:

Digg Button

Add to Any Subscribe Button

Sukie Says

Sukie Says
We Support Social Allowing